|Job Title||IT Trainer/Instructor|
Blue Star Learning is a private institution of higher learning and is approved to operate through the California Bureau of Private Post secondary Education.
Blue Star Learning is committed to provide individuals the training needed to transition into high tech jobs in Network Engineering, Network Administration, Technical Support, Database Administration, Programming, Office Administration, and Business Office Applications as well as other areas in the computer industry. Blue Star Learning will help meet the growing demand for technical professionals and assist individuals in reaching their high tech career goals.
Blue Star Learning is seeking an experienced candidate for the role of IT Trainer/Instructor with strong technical abilities, experts in educational technology and effective communicators that facilitate one-on-one and group learning activities
- Design, facilitate, and teach the computer instruction component.
- Prepare execute lesson plans, assigning tasks and evaluating student work and progress.
- Develop course syllabus, assess, supervise, and motivate students
- Promote safe, effective and ethical learning environment.
- Use professional discretion and judgment in managing students in classroom setting.
- Person must develop rapport with students in the classroom setting.
- Maintain professional demeanor and ethics at all times.
- Utilize various curriculum resources, public library resources.
IT Trainer Responsibilities :
- Training, Coaching, Developing Standards, Presenting Technical Information, Data Center Management, People Skills, Verbal Communication, Written Communication, Attention to Detail, Reporting Skills
- Creates course outlines and writes instruction and review handouts for each of the different course.
- Prepares the room and the computers for use before each class; attends to the proper shut-down of computers after classes.
- Assures that the computer equipment is properly used
- Trains and supervises students.
- Supervises use of computer equipment during lab hours. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relative experience.
- Experience evaluating effectiveness of systems and database
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Extensive knowledge and skills about PC’s including Windows operating systems, word processing programs, desk top publishing, spreadsheets and other programs
- Some knowledge about computer hardware including installation and operation of CD-ROM’s modems, printers, scanners and other peripheral equipment.
- Some knowledge and skills in using the Internet
- Some knowledge of teaching principles.
- Experience working in computer labs and with assisting patrons with computer usage preferred.
- Experience working with pre-college programs and secondary-level student preferred.
- Effective communicators with good public speaking skills and strong presentation delivery abilities
|Experience Required||3 Years|
- Starting pay is BOE
- Work timings depend on the class schedule
To apply for this position, please respond to this listing with a current resume.