Registration Fees: $ 100.00
Books & Supplies: $ 0.00
STRF(Students Tuition Recovery Fund): $ 0.00
In this program, students will acquire the essential skills and information needed to install, upgrade, repair, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, and perform preventative maintenance of basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. Students are prepared to pursue entry level careers as computer support specialists, network system specialists, or computer repair technicians.
The target student is anyone with basic computer user skills who is interested in obtaining a job as an IT professional or PC technician. In addition, this program will help prepare students to achieve a CompTIA A+ Certification.
Students must possess basic computer skills.
160 Clock Hours,9 Weeks
|Program Name||Clock Hours/Lecture/Lab|
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to
- identify the components of standard desktop personal computers.
- identify fundamental components and functions of personal computer operating systems.
- identify best practices followed by professional personal computer technicians.
- install and configure computer components.
- identify technical characteristics of system components.
Requirements For Program Completion
To successfully complete this program, students must maintain a minimum average of at least 70% or C.